Sausage Gravy Over Biscuits
- 2 biscuits
- 4 ounces fresh pork breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
1. Place your biscuits on a medium heat skillet and crisp up then remove and set aside.
2. Turn skillet pan to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the sausage and brown breaking up the sausage, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and sprinkle the flour into the pan, stirring often for 1 minute.
4. Take off heat and pour in the milk scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the gravy to a light boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the gravy thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. It should look velvety and have the thickness of heavy cream. Season the gravy with salt, black pepper and cayenne.
5. Split your biscuits and arrange in shallow bowls. Pour the gravy over the biscuits and serve immediately.