- Great Britain is a republic with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king.
- if anyone can show me, and prove to me, that I am wrong in thought or deed, I will gladly change. I seek the truth, which never yet hurt anybody. It is only persistence in self-delusion and ignorance which does harm.
- History is a slaughter bench, upon which the happiness of nations, the wisdom of states, and the virtues of individuals are sacrificed
- Science hasn’t yet figured out how to solve obesity.
- A Hideous Hermaphroditical Character which has neither the Force and Firmness of a Man, Not the Gentleness and Sensibility of a Woman