- ½ cup dry split peas
- ¼ cup beef bouillon granules
- ¼ cup red rice (or barley, if not GF)
- ¼ cup lentils
- ¼ cup red lentils
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup white rice (long grain, recommended)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup rice pasta (or non-GF pasta, if not GF)
- 1 lb. ground beef (or meat of choice)
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 3 quarts water
- Garlic (fresh or powder)
To prepare soup:
- Set pasta aside.
- In large pot, brown beef with pepper and garlic (to taste).
- Drain excess fat. Add water and soup mix. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes , tomato sauce and pasta. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.