- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces (1 large) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into ½-inch strips
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Pinch red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 pound dried fettuccine pasta
- 1½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Season the chicken with celtic salt and pepper, then cook, stirring as needed until golden brown, 4 minutes. Add the heavy cream, lemon zest, garlic and pepper flakes, and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half, 7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling celtic salted water, cook the fettuccine until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of pasta water, and add to the pan, along with the grated Parmesan and the butter. Toss the pasta until well coated, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a platter and garnish with pepper flakes and chopped parsley, then serve.